Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Never Give Up!!

The words Never Give Up are a bottom line message in my own novel, Rainy Day People. I'm sensitive to that quest for personal reasons. I had a great email from Russ Heitz and I felt compelled to share it with the group and all writers. Read on . . .

"Before Christmas I made a gift shop run of Venice, Sarasota, Anna Maria, Holmes Beach, and Long Boat and Siesta Keys, trying to place my book Krazy Kritters of Florida for the Christmas shopping season. The interest was disappointingly slim. However, yesterday I got a call from the Island Bazaar Gift Shop in Holmes Beach. The owner recently found my flyer on his desk, called me on the phone, and promptly ordered 12 copies, all signed, and with the little "Autographed Copy" stickers on the front. So you never know when one of the many seeds you scatter will find a little patch of fertile ground. Never give up!"

Great news! I hope my yappin' at Russ about this 'persevere' premise all the time helped. I have great faith in his abilities and if anyone out there isn't aware of Russ' writing talents, I suggest you visit his website and look in to acquiring one of his books. www.russheitz.com

Susan