Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Generous Offer

I want to thank everyone who has made a sincere effort to check the blog frequently for new communications. It will so help my email load in answering questions regarding times and dates of meetings. However, I'm still happy to hear from anyone needing to talk to me in a more private nature. I am here to help.
More news about our new meeting agendas: Russ Heitz and Sharon Baker have generously offered to chair the new meeting and allow me to be 'just a member' in the first Wednesday gathering so I can sit in with a critique group. Of course, if one of them have a need for a night off or a need for my help arises, I will re-assume my responsibility for that time.
Their help as we've grown, has been priceless to me. There is a lot more involved in facilitating this group than is often visible to the members. Record keeping and reports to the main FWA board to name a couple. I don't think I could have continued another year without their assistance. We all owe them a big 'thank you'. I'm looking forward to the extra meeting devoted to critique.
An interesting aside . . . I did hear from Bill Walker of "Skywalker" fame today. He is walking the Pacific Coast Trail to match his feat of a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail on his first attempt. He wrote a most interesting and humorous book about that experience. Next, he had to conquer the Pacific Coast Trail replete with its own extreme challanges. He started in April and is now in the High Sierras near Lake Tahoe. He started down near the Mexican border and had to cross the desert. He's a bit worn for the wear, but determined to finish. The end is at least a reachable goal now and he is persevering. Congratulations Bill! Something tells me you'll make it with vigor to spare. For those of you who don't know Bill, he's 7' tall and his height is much more of a hindrance than a help. Perhaps, he will give us a recap when he returns in late fall.

Best to all,
Susan