Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Fabulous February

I say that as it's the month of the Aquarians, that pesky but devoted personality to the free spirit, moments of solitude, and non-conformist nature of humankind. Or at the least, that's the excuse I use for my oft wacky ways.

I'm writing to remind everyone that tomorrow the third is the first of our two monthly meetings. I have some readers who've asked for time and we'll use the number of readers to guide us on any time limits if necessary. I do want us to remember to allow for time to discuss the pieces we hear. Most of us are looking for some kind of feedback for our work. I'm glad to have Madeline Mora-Summonte back as she is always so great at offering feedback and I can attest, personally, to her writing talent.

I'm happy to announce my new email address: amberfawn@Comcast.net is working just beautifully and it has been such a great feeling to re-establish my communication abilities. It's also been a very busy two weeks and we may be seeing some new faces tomorrow. Our group is continuing to draw attention and I hope everyone will be looking for their copy of the Winter Florida Writer soon to be released. I have a surprise for you all in my column there.

I'd also like to announce that when I read Bart Stamper's piece on "Memories in Ebony" about his visit to the Viet Nam War Memorial, I was so moved by it I asked his permission to share it on my sucarha.com website. Bart was most pleased to share with his fellow writers and also provided me with two photos to use with it. I invite you all to go to http://www.sucarha.com/ and scroll down the dedication page to the "Memories In Ebony" link. Click there and it will take you straight to Bart's work.

Speaking of websites, if yours is not listed in the links section in the sidebar to the left, be sure to send it to me or Russ. Madeline has launched a new blog off of hers and invites us to participate. Jim Kelly has hired Kathy Killam to do his new website and it is now under construction. As mentioned before, Kathy builds my site, Russ's site, Tuck's site and also Terry Lindemann's. I'm sure Russ will agree as to her talents and her dependability to keep them current and fresh. Russ will soon be expanding his to include his new book "Dying In Deer Country" which is in the proofing process now. Get ready for another of Russ's fast moving Jesse Eichenlaub suspense novels. It's a good one!! Be sure to keep us informed of your events and progress so we can post it here. Often, I'm told of certain events in progress but then I fail to get updates! Are you reading this Carroll?? Last we heard your book was set to be one of the top two in the publishing contest! What was the end result?

We have a great organization behind us. It's a shame not to take advantage of the benefits it makes available! And, to speak out if you see areas that need improvement! Remember all FWA members, leaders and officers are volunteers! We have to help them along.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night! Be sure to wear a sweater or jacket if this cool weather continues. We'll also continue collecting the Fire Department's annual donation. Russ is keeping the list if you haven't yet paid your $5.00 for 2010.

Susan