Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Monday, November 01, 2010

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hello All

I have returned to my Florida abode and don't want to look at a suitcase, or an airport, for at least six months! Yet again, I find myself thanking Russ for keeping the blog up and holding down the fort while I'm off galavanting around the country. Actually, I refer to it as 'research' for further works, sounds more professional. In addition to the local FWA coverage, Russ and his dear wife, Lee, also provided me pick-up and return and pick up again for all my expeditions including a late night arrival home from Alaska. Had Russ not been making the original flight to Philadelphia with me on this last excursion, I may have not made the trip at all. But that's another story. Suffice it to say here, I was personally able to experience the full force of TSA's airport security measures and EMT response time. Amazing how disaster can evolve into humor, a good thought to always keep in mind.

Believe it or not, yes today is November 1st. I'm anticipating a good turn out at the meeting on Wednesday the 3rd. I'm excited to see you all and Kris and Rod are back, too. Plus, I hear our long, lost Sharon is lurking around town. And, on the 17th we'll be invaded by Mr. California himself, Jack Wolf of the Fox and Quill which has accomodated so many of us with a stage to expose our works. Jack is so pleased with the support his publication has received from our FWA group, he's making the cross-country trip to meet everyone. Although, I've been working with Jack for five years, it will be a joy for me, too, to finally meet him in the flesh. He is planning a super presentation for us so please make yourself a reminder note now! Jack's talents in the electronic world are enviable. Also be sure to check out the new edition of Fox & Quill where Ed Ellis is November's featured author. Russ's continuing mystery workshop is there as well. All past issues are archived, so if you missed October be sure to check that out, too, where Ann Favreau was featured with appearences from Russ, Jim Kelly and my article on our group. Those of you who have not submitted work, it's worth your time to check out the opportunity.

I do believe everyone is home now, with the exception of Cecile who has gone to Hawaii for her daughter's wedding. She will return in time to meet Jack. The rest of you and all who may be reading this, I hope to see you there!

Susan