Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Monday, June 13, 2011

Wednesday Already??

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone is ready to attend the meeting led by Peter on Wednesday the 15th. A reminder: Peter had suggested an exercise in sharing your favorite word and how you use it and also an excerpt from your favorite author and why you like his or her particular writing style. That always spurs some delightful and informative disscussions.

I've arrived safely in Harrisburg, Pennslyvania and am having a great time with my granpup! Son Bill and me are lamenting the fact that a year ago we celebrated Summer Stolstice in Fairbanks, Alaska. We've planned a pity party for June 21st. :)

Jim Kelly and his family have also arrived safely in Cooperstown, New York where his grandsons were to play in a National baseball tournament. Kris is doing fine in Missouri as of the day before I left. Linda White left for Michigan on Saturday. It's that time of year, folks. Let's wish all the travelers safe returns.

I hope all of you have a great rest of June, Happy Father's day to all the dads out there, and enjoy Peter this week and Ed Ellis the first Wednesday in July! I am available by email if anyone has questions or announcements to post on the blog.

I did send in my formal resignation to FWA and assured them that the FWA members will continue to enjoy the extra benefits of the statewide networking. I also told President Chrissy Jackson that I'd continue to post on this blog until they decide what to do about a Sarasota WGL. That will save our county from just being a void out here. I do believe we had concensus on being referred to as The Wednesday Writers in the Nokomis Firehall group. Many of the FWA Groups have named their individual groups and events. FWA membership is not affected!

My best,
Susan