Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Sunday, September 04, 2011

Do I have a volunteer to share some blogging duties?

I was amazed when I looked at the date of my last blog! August 15th! Between Russ and I, we used to get at least two a week up. Peter Frickle has his new website up and was forced to send group emails. I will be adding it to the list to left of the entry page.

There will be a meeting this week on Wednesday. We have a few new possible attendees. Glad to announce Jim Kelly has returned from an extended time up north and Peter and Barbara are planning on leaving for France after the meeting. We'll have to give them a proper send off. I thought of Linda Malloy several times during the coverage of Irene. Her brother in law who is the governor of Connecticut made several appearances on the news.

Hope everyone enjoys the last holiday of summer tomorrow and let's all send a big welcome to Rod and Betsy and hope they can both manage getting out again. I think they should tell us their story. There are some children in the world tonight who've been blessed with some very special grandparents. There are some others who've been missing a good while . . . Cathy Marine, Dear Linda, Ann Favreau, George Colias, Steve Cholby . . . See, I'll leave someone out for sure and never mean to do that. I'm gonna quit while I'm a head . . . See ya on Wednesday!!