Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Message from Susan

As I sit and look at the beautiful job George Mindling is doing with this blog I immediately have something to be thankful for. I'm sure if we all just look around us and focus on the beauty and friends in our lives, any ugliness will go away for at least one day.

I also want to thank everyone of you reading this for all the help and support given me over this last two years of fighting health issues. You've all been like family and the group would not continue to exist had you all not stood up to share in the burden. Thank you. I'm grateful.

I wish to congratulate each and every one of you who has put ink to page or paper in our group, those who have published books and those still with a dream toward that end. I'm quite convinced that we have more talent and diversity meeting in one group than is to be found anywhere. Again, I thank you all for sharing your work. It is appreciated by all who hear your words.

However you spend your day of Thanksgiving, I wish you the best it can be!

Sincerely,
Your humble so-called leader. I follow more around here lately than I lead. Thank you for that, too!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment