Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Monday, November 01, 2021

November 1st, 2021

 Hello all,

I'm back from a sorely needed vacation. My thanks to Ernie and Ed for taking over my duties while I frolicked in the northern climes. 

I did not write a word while I was gone. Yeah, stupid, I know. But I needed a break. We all do once in a while. In the week before leaving two of my books were posted on Amazon. 

Disciple of Darkness was a semi-finalist in the2021 Royal Palm Literary Award Competition with FWA. It's a dark story with characters possessing few redeeming traits. Unfortunately, I've met a few people like this in my life. I wonder if they see their way to changing their ways as they approach the end of their lives.

The Shattered Mirror is my first book in the detective genre. Set in a fictional town in Georgia, it follows a small city detective through the steps of solving a murder. Elements of police work are not portrayed as heroic or overly dangerous. But, our character meets interesting people, a love interest, and his interaction with others makes for a compelling story closer to real life than television or movie dramas.

 I look forward to seeing all of you Wednesday night at the Fire House.

Oh... BTW, as I traveled through Georgia, I may have visited the little city in The Shattered Mirror. Their back country road signs are so poorly marked, I didn't know where I was over half the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment