Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Easter, Passover, Spring and a New Link

Happy Tuesday! I think. I'm never quite sure what day it is when I work all night. Of course, I'm not a reliable source even when I don't. :) I hope everyone has a wonderful and peaceful Easter weekend however you chose to observe it. Russ and I will be doing the Suncoast Writers Guild's Annual Review on Saturday. Some of you will be there. Ed Ellis is reading the prose and Jim Kelly is reading the poetry. Russ and I are the Reviewers. This is my third year to be honored as Poetry Reviewer and Russ will be joining me this year to do the prose, formerly done by James Abraham. I think Russ will do a fine job for Ann Favreau's group.

I wanted to make sure that everyone realizes, too, that our next meeting is Wednesday, April 7th, a week from tomorrow! Due to the way the calendar falls, we have three weeks between meetings this time. It's been two weeks for the last few months, and I've had a couple of people ask. Decided I better make a post.

Also, if you will look to your left at the Link Section, I've added Weslynn McCallister and Jim Kelly's website URLs to our links. Remember, exploring each other's websites is a good way to get to know each other better. I understand Russ's site has undergone some upgrading to include his new book, "Dying In Deer Country" and he is also having them converted to e-books which which will be available for sale on his site.

My own new book, "Amber Returns to Maine" was just officially released last Friday and I've added a page for that in the Rainy Day Room for those who are familiar with Sucarha.com I don't sell anything on my site, however. I have them myself until it gets up on Amazon.

For all our poets, April is National Poetry Month and I'll be doing special Poetry tributes in the two E-zines I write for, The Infinite Writer and Fox and Quill. Checks out the links in my auto-signature on my email. I do include a 'stage' for other poets. It's not all about 'me'. Mostly, it's a tribute to the art of Poetry, itself. Which, by the way, is growing in popularity due to the expression possible in a few powerful words expressed well. Our group is blessed with some wonderful poets. Some who also write prose.

Be blessed.
Be safe.
Be writing!

Susan