Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Apologies!!

Hello everyone . . .

I must apologize for being so long in recapping the meeting held last Wednesday night. We did have a good turn out to hear Elizbeth Sims and I want to thank her publically. I did so privately. I'm NOT that lax. :)

It has simply been a crazy week. I did manage to meet with Sharon today and wish her and her new/old boyfriend a wonderful time on their trip to points west, and north, maybe even east! The Colonel assured me he would bring her back to us safe and sound.

Russ has family visiting from Pennsylvania and we are both attempting to prepare for two upcoming events we've commited to, the Suncoast Writers Guild Annual Review and Russ is doing a Mystery workshop for the St. Pete FWA WGL, John Rhege. (Please forgive any misspellings, I'm going from memory here, which is dangerous)

In addition, we are both preparing for the New Port Richey FWA Mini-Conference, where I'll be doing a poetry workshop. Russ and Jim Kelly are attending together. I wish more of you would have taken advantage of this "One Day" experience where the one and only Jerry Simmons will be the keynote! He's only the most knowing person in the Publishing Business today, arguably, bar none.

I've had great feedback regarding Elizabeth's visit with our group and I'm happy to announce she has 'penciled' in a return visit for the General Meeting in April. She couldn't write it in stone yet, however, will keep me posted.

Thank you all and I will now return to my four standing editing jobs! Yup, a crazy week!

Best,
Susan