Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Call For Submissions

August is already over half over! I've been home almost a month. Where is time going? Does everyone have this sense of 'spinning out of control' or is it a personal problem? :)

I need submissions of only one or two sentence input from those of you who'd care to participate. I've agreed to work with Sunny Fader, an FWA member who has taken on the task of writing a history of the FWA since it's inception as requested by Chrissy Jackson, FWA President. The goal for Sunny is to have a nice presentation highlighting the activities, growth, and success of local Chapters statewide who show an interest. All group leaders were asked for information and since I'm always blowing the horn of our Sarasota Group, I felt it an opportunity. I've agreed to work closely with her as she isn't getting much response.

I'd like a comment on what you've gotten out of our Group and what role it plays in your writing goals. Doesn't have to be long at all. In fact, if it's too long some would get cut anyway.

Just email me.

We have two weeks before our regular season begins and I suppose some of you will gather informally this Wednesday as you've been doing. I'll come by the firehall just in case.
Have a great day!

Oh, and the travelers arrived home in Harrisburg, PA on Sunday. Son Bill is already chomping at the bit to get on the road again. :) Wonder what exotic trip I'll get next year if I'm breathing! :) Hudson Bay has been mentioned. Maybe I'll be able to see a polar bear up there!

Susan