Schedule and Location

Our group meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Nokomis Fire Station. From Sarasota or North, proceed a few blocks south of Albee Road on US 41 (past Matthews-Currie Ford) to Pavonia Road. Turn right (West, toward the bay) at the Fire Station's flashing yellow caution traffic light. From the south on US 41, we are two blocks north of Dona Bay. Turn left onto Pavonia Road at the flashing yellow caution light. At the Fire Station, drive to the fire hall's far end or west side; PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT DOORS! We gather in the training room at the far end of the complex for a meet and greet at 6:00 pm but call the Meeting to order at 6:30 pm and take a Ten-minute break at around 7:50 pm. Meeting Adjourns: 9:00 pm

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Informal Meeting on Wednesday 8/4

Hi All -

I've had some questions about the meeting status for August and a note from Rod Digruttolo that a couple of you have been taking advantage of the Firehall location even while we've been on vacation. I think that is great some took advantage of our facility's access. It shows the enthusiasm of our group.

Many have been away and some still haven't returned, but I've decided that I will show up at the Firehall tomorrow night and be happy to see anyone who is moved to stop by. Irv Newman called me and since he won't see this as he continues not to give in to the electronic demands of this world, I'll call him and let him know.

It was great to return to Linda White's little poetry gathering last Thursday at the Venice Rookery and I've invited the poets to join us at the Firehall tomorrow evening at 6:30. Kris, Jim, Celise, Joe, Gaile, Joanne and Barbara attend both but some of them are still away. I do know Jim Kelly is back. And Peter, you expressed desire to attend Linda's group as well. :) Ann Favreau from Suncoast Writers has also checked back in. Russ has just returned home but I think he is still in re-group mode. Fall is upon us. Do you hear the dogs barking? Personally, I enjoy being in my Alaska fog. Don't wanna regroup. :)

Hope to see a few of you tomorrow night. No set time. Come and go as you wish. I'll be there around 6:30.

Best,
Susan